Thursday, April 8, 2010

In Which I Bore You With an Excerpt

I'm at sixty-five pages, and I seem to be hitting the week two blues.
Bleh.
And my teachers all hate me, apparently, as they are assigning crazy amounts of homework. Really, what's more useful? A novel or drawing pictures for French?
Thus, to boost my spirits, I decided to post a little excerpt. Please don't comment on the spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes, logic mistakes, ect... Write or Die, man. Write or Die.

“Do you love her?” Emerson asked.
Dante ghave him a strange look.
“Um… who?” He raised one eyebrow, and absentmindedly touched his lip-ring scar.
“Rae,” Emerson replied. He sneaked a side glance a Dante. He looked uncomfertabble, and he stared straight ahead.
“Why?” Dante’s mouth moved, but other then that, his face seemed still. Impassive.
“You are in love with her!” Emerson laughed.
Dante glared.
“Sorry, it’s just funny that you fell for her, because I think she likes Alexander.” Emerson s hrugged, before realizing what he said.
“I can see why people ignore you,” Dante spat bitterly. “You really have no idea when to close your mouth, do you?”
“Sorry,” Emerson said. “Okay, um… well maybe she doesn’t like Alexander. Maybe the way she hangs around him, talks tohim, laughs at his jokes and always smiles when she’s talking about him means he’s just a friend.”
“You suck,” Dante retorted.
“Wow. That’s intense,” Emerson said lightly. “So are you going to tell her.”
“Yeah, how romantic,” Dante said sardonically. “Hey, since I expect we’re going to die in a few days anyway, you want to make out. I’d say that we’d have a running chane with that pick up line.”
“See!” Emerson pointed a finger at Dante, as if he had just proved his point. “You’re to sarcastic. You’re afraid of letting anyone get close to you!”
“Of course I am! People who are close to you only end up hurting you!” Dante exclaimed.
“That’s what love is. Love is scary as hell, and it hurts like hell to.” Emerson said. “There she is, by the way.”
“I can’t let myself get hurt again,” Dante said, dropping his voice. They were approaching the place where they had made camp.
“Fine,” Emerson said. “But what will hurt more? Love, or watching the one you love with someone else? Knowing that you had a chance and you blew it? Think about that?” Emerson left Dante then. He dropped the food on the ground in somewhat disgust and sat down next to Alexander.
Dante stood alone. He needed to think.

P.S. I found my mothers collection of Rolling Stones CDs. Guess who's going to Itunes after she hits seventy pages... >:)

No comments:

Post a Comment