Sunday, July 18, 2010

I was born in the wrong year.

Seriously, I was. I would have been better suited for, say, the 80s. I could have been a screaming Stones fangirl, and watched all the John Hughes movies as soon as they came out. Because, honestly? I really hate teenagers. And I have compiled a list of why.

1. Technology. Seriously, is it so hard to sit for a few hours and, say, read a book without taking breaks to text? And I know it seems a bit hypocritical (I'm complaining about technology while blogging on a netbook) but not all electronics are bad. Just like chocolate isn't bad. But when you spend every waking hour texting or going on Facebook or whatever... you need to take a step back. Which brings me to point number two.

2. "Text Talk" Seriously, what is this? I mean, how long does it take to write out a message with proper spelling and grammar? Like, a second longer? And what would our teenage example do with that extra second he or she has accumulated? Go on Facebook or Myspace and write more badly spelled things! Which brings me to point three.

3. Our slang. Have you ever walked down the street and heard how teenagers speak now days? I mean, it's filled with the type of swear words that would get a bar of soap shoved in my mouth, for one thing. I mean, I understand the need to cuss occasionally. Maybe you're trying to make a point, or maybe you just lost control for a moment. But when your speech is peppered with more "F-bombs" then nouns? That's going overboard, in my opinion.

So there you have it. The top three things that bother me about teenagers. Actually, I have way more, which I shall probably post periodically, but those are what I'm thinking of at the moment. Now, get off the computer and go read a good book, which is exactly what I'm about to do :) Better yet, maybe I'll build a time machine to take me back to the eighties.

No comments:

Post a Comment