Monday, December 14, 2009

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

I'm in the mood to do a book review. So, here goes.
Poseur, by Rachel Maude.
And yes, a lot of you are going to look at it, snicker, and put it down again, but even if the topic isn't exactly your forte, the writing will surprise you. I picked it up at the bookstore looking for a "comfort read"; you know, a book you read when you're thinking, "my writing sucks, my friends suck, everything sucks, life sucks and then you die"? Well, prepare to be shocked: the book was amazing.
The metaphors were precise, the characters were funny and compelling, and the overall writing style was open and, well, good. Plus the drawings have to be the best sketches I've seen in a long time. And it won points with me for not making me want to pull out my red pen and do some editing.
Final rating: Four and a half stars out of five (because no book is perfect!).

No comments:

Post a Comment